Monday, January 5, 2009

There's Always Next Year . . .

Trust me, as a Cubs fan, I am used to defeat.  So it was no great surprise or disappointment to me that the Vikings lost yesterday.  Next year could be their year - you never know!  But, despite the lose, I had a great time at my first professional football game.  I also learned some new and interesting things:

1.  The color combination of purple and gold is just not that pretty to me.  And purple and gold pajama pants are particularly ugly (I saw more than one grown man wearing these yesterday).  Let's just say that the fashion at the game had little to be desired.

2.  I did not realize that you actually cheer louder when the other team has the ball.  Apparently we were trying to distract them or something.  It worked really well . . . and not to mention the fact that when it was quiet during our offense, I sometimes forgot to watch the field because I didn't think anything was going on.

3.  Whenever the Vikings scored a touchdown this flag brigade comes running across the field.  I was intrigued at how they stayed uniformly spaced from each other - that takes talent.  The cheerleaders couldn't even accomplish the even spacing thing during their routine.

4.  People come running on the field during the tv time outs and the players actually do quite a bit of standing around.  In fact, they more do more standing around than actual playing.

But as I said earlier, I really did enjoy the game.  I took some pictures and even a video.  I would definitely consider going to another game - but only if they keep an indoor stadium.  It was pretty dang cold yesterday and I can't imagine sitting outside in the minus 10 degree weather for football.

No comments: