Sunday, January 11, 2009

Grown-Up Bed

Just this week I was telling Uncas that we needed to do something about the comforter situation on our bed.  Currently we have a very lovely quilt that my mom is letting us borrow.  I really like it a lot, but it's red and doesn't go the greatest with the blue that we have on our wall and it's too thin for a Minnesota Winter.  Regarding that last statement - Uncas has a "5 blanket system" in place to stay warm enough each night - that's more than a little riduculous.  Then - this week, I read my friend Ella's blog and they recently made some changes to their bedroom, so I was inspired.  Today I went out shopping (after doing some browsing online) and found a new comforter for our room.  I finally feel like we have a "grown-up" bed.  Check it out:

 
I am not quite an expert at staging, but you get the idea.  I was looking for something neutral, but not completely plain or boring.  I also bought some new pillows.  I can't wait to go to bed tonight!
I mainly spent today cleaning and shopping.  I found a new pair of slippers and after I brought them home, I explained to Sammy that these are mine and he can't eat them.  Let's see if he listens (and more importantly, if I actually keep them out of his reach).
So my weekend has consisted of cooking, cleaning, shopping, waiting on my sick husband, chasing my dog around the house (and I even fell once, pretty hard) and watching season 1 of How I Met Your Mother.  Good times.  
And for your viewing pleasure - a picture of the tasty apple pie that I made and a cute picture of Sammy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice!!!

LisaD said...

Nice job! Looks great!

ron said...

Bed, Shmed! Look at that pie! Tell the Uncas guy to have a couple of more pieces and he'll be sick-free. In our family apple pie replaces chicken soup as a cure all. Haven't you seen my latest book, "Apple Pie for the Soul"?

Jbird said...

I love the blue walls and the brown bedding (very chick). Now you just need a headboard.

Hey, I was thinking about you yesterday and remembering when I gave you the wrong directions to our house=)