Friday, January 9, 2009

Defeated

I give up. I am defeated. I give in . . . he wins.

Sammy is now sleeping in our bed. It just started really the night before last. At 4 am in the morning, I had had enough. Enough of him getting up and barking at us in the middle of night. Enough of him tearing apart his bed in the middle of the night. Enough of waking up and not being able to fall back to sleep. We have had Sammy for over 6 months and it hasn't gotten any easier.

So - I said screw it when he got up to bark at me at 4 am, again, after Uncas had been up with him at least two other times before. I put him in bed with me and he curled right up and we slept great. Uncas didn't even know he was there. That morning as we were getting ready for work, I told Uncas that I was done and that Sammy was sleeping in our bed. He didn't comment, so I brought it up again later that day. Unlike me, Uncas isn't so quick to give in and wouldn't admit defeat. But last night Sammy slept with me, in our bed, and I slept great.

Go ahead Derek - laugh it up and say "I told you so"! We held out for a long time and we did try our best. Our dog completely has us trained . . . crap!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!