Thursday, January 8, 2009

'Fessing Up

If that last post didn't put my dad over the edge, I have a feeling this one will. So that pie I made yesterday . . .in all honesty - not the greatest. The crust was actually really good, but the filling - not so much. I had this feeling while I was making it that there was too much sugar. I should have trusted my gut.

I got the recipe from Betty's Pie recipe book. Betty's Pies (a restaurant) is famous up in the Two Harbors area. Uncas has felt that Betty's Pies are too sweet and sugary and doesn't really like them. I did make another pie from that book - a blueberry-apple pie, and I had the ingredients to make that pie, but chose the plain blueberry pie instead.

So - after eating only two pieces of the pie last night, we threw the rest of it away tonight. Tomorrow I will make just an apple pie. I make some darn good apple pie, so I know it will turn out!

Oh - nearly forgot - I walked 3 miles today.

No comments: