Saturday, January 10, 2009

Take Two

I am happy to report that my second pie this week -the apple pie, turned out much better than the blueberry. Uncas actually finished the whole piece, which is better than when he tried the blueberry pie. It's always good to follow up a crappy baking session with a good one.

Today has been a rather lazy, but not really Saturday. To start - I had a wonderful night's sleep, again. Sammy and I got up and hung out together this morning while we let Uncas sleep in. Unfortunately he (Uncas) woke up yesterday with a cold. He slept for over 12 hours last night and pretty much has been very, very low key today.

I kept busy by baking muffins, baking the pie, making chili and baking pumpkin bread. I also ran out to Target, did some laundry, picked up a little bit around the house, rocked out to Guitar Hero, planned our menu for the week and ran 3 miles (including the walking, I totaled 4 for the day). So now we are sitting on the couch and watching some tv. I hope Uncas starts feeling better tomorrow!

No comments: