Sunday, December 28, 2008

Shop Till you Drop

Today I went shopping with Ella for those after Christmas deals on decortations. We were talking over Thanksgiving weekend how we each plan to shop for decorations after Christmas, but usually end up being too tired and don't feel like doing it. This year we planned that we would go together the weekend after Christmas. Even though we were both feeling tired, we didn't want to let the other down, so off we went today in search of some good finds. It was a successful shopping trip - we each picked up quite a few things and loved the 70, 75 and 80% off! We plan on shopping together again next year!

It's been a nice long weekend - hard to believe Christmas is over with. The good news is that we still get to celebrate with my parents when the come up this week for New Year's Eve. I can't wait to see them and for them to open their presents from us! Until then - here are some pictures from this past week.

And on a final note - our little neighbor girl who let's out Sammy during the day while we are at work informed us that she is no longer able to come over. It really kind of sucks and I understand that she is young, but I found out after I called her to see if she was going to come over this week. It would have been nice if she could have called us to break the news instead of us having to call her. As it is, Sammy has adjusted very well to being in the dining room and kitchen (no more kennel), so soon we will probably transition to him being home all day by himself. I know he will miss us, but especially with the winter weather, coming home during the week can take a little bit longer than in the summer.

Ok - I lied - I have one more thing to write about. Today I am starting Week 1 of 52 for going 500 miles. I ran/walked on the treadmill for 2.5 miles this morning.

No comments: