Friday, December 26, 2008

Post Christmas Coma

Today has been quite the relaxing day. First we slept in . . . well, not as much as I wanted to because Sammy thought he had to get up with Sophie, but Uncas got to sleep in pretty late. We had a tasty breakfast and then we just hung around the house. We played a fun dice game ( I lost pretty big) and then I played a bunch of Wii. Uncas's mom napped through out the afternoon. Uncas spent a good part of the afternoon trying to solve a Rubik's cube. I bet him that he wouldn't be able to solve it in one day and he did it. I will post pictures when I get home.

Perhaps one of the highlights from this weekend so far was a lesson in the "new-fangled" math that they teach the kids these days. Uncas's dad showed us some new ways to add, multiple and divide. The concepts seem a little tougher than when I was in school, so when we have kids, we may have to send them to Grandpa for help!

It's a good thing that we decided to stay an extra day in Duluth. The weather has been pretty icy and the roads pretty slick. I hope tomorrow's weather proves to be better for when we drive home.

No comments: