Monday, December 22, 2008

17 Things

Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are to write a note with 17 random things, facts, habits or goals about you.

  1. I hate being late for work even though I can’t stand going to my job.
  2. If I could, I would probably eat sweets for every meal with a salad, veggie or fruit thrown in every now and then.
  3. I constantly wonder what my dog is thinking. He looks at me so intently sometimes, I just have to believe that he understands more than most humans will give him credit for.
  4. My goal is to run or walk 500 miles this year. It seems completely doable right now (averaging ~10 miles a week), but ask me again in June.
  5. It irritates me that lately people are constantly asking if I am pregnant or when are we going to have kids. Wouldn’t they feel bad if I answered that I was barren? That’s what I feel like saying because it’s not really any of their business. And if and when we want people to know, we will tell people on our own terms.
  6. One of my hidden talents is that I can fold a fitted sheet and it doesn’t look like a mess when I am done. I was taught by my mom, and I have done demonstrations to more than one friend and have even been videotaped doing this.
  7. I was an avid nail-biter. I sort of kicked in the habit in college, but every now and then I relapse. Right now I have a good streak going. Perhaps I will paint them for Christmas.
  8. People often call me Heather. I have received voicemail messages from people saying “hi Heather . . .” It has always been this way for most of my life and my best friend’s dad used to slip up and call me Heather. I sometimes will respond to it.
  9. I am a fast reader. I sometimes skim read and if I can’t pronounce a name, I just skip over it. That can be troublesome when a book has a lot of characters with difficult names – I tend to get confused with characters.
  10. I have moved 20 times in my life (that count includes the number of addresses that I have lived at – during college I lived in 7 different places). The only move I don’t remember is when I was two and we moved from Grand Rapids, MI to Saginaw, MI. It’s no wonder that I hate moving. It’s also no wonder that my last move was probably my easiest and least stressful. I plan on dying in our house so I don’t have to move again.
  11. I was on the cross-country team from 6th-8th grade. I hated every minute of it. We only ran a mile and ½ at the meetings. This summer I ran 8 miles with Josh while training for the half marathon (that I decided not to run to keep my sanity). One day I would still like to run a ½ marathon.
  12. I cry when I am frustrated. It’s not the best coping mechanism, but I am learning to accept that it’s just apart of who I am.
  13. I used to go to a lot of concerts. I am sad that I don’t attend very many any more because I love live music. My all time favorite concert was Green Day in September of 2005. Best. Show. Ever! Although No Doubt at the Excel was also fun, but only because we got to go backstage after the show.
  14. I love junk drawers. I probably have like 10 of them at home. If I can’t see the mess, then it’s clean to me.
  15. I have trouble listing favorite things. It’s hard for me to think of a favorite food, candy, restaurant, movie, song, etc . . . although my favorite color is yellow.
  16. Someday I want a job that doesn’t require me to sit at a computer for 8 hours a day.
  17. I love making lists. I am that person who will add something to a list just to cross it off. I love the feeling of being productive and have shed tears when I have been frustrated because I feel like I have done nothing (i.e. nothing has been crossed off the list!)


I am going to tag just a few people – my dad, Ella, and Lisa because I think they might actually do this.

1 comment:

JoAnne said...

Thank you for not tagging me the week of Christmas. Just too much to do! You have my permission to tag me in the new year!