Monday, August 16, 2010

Whose Adventures?

In the past week or so I have been doing a lot of thinking about this blog.  I feel like I am losing my identity with it, which is kind of funny.  In my life I think that both Uncas and I have done a good job of balancing being parents to Eddie and still having time to ourselves (both together and separately).  But on this blog, I feel the title these days should be Adventures of Eddie.  There doesn't seem to be much balance;  I just seem to write about Eddie updates.

I suppose that Eddie is really the more interesting topic these days, and I shouldn't assume that people really care about what I am doing day-to-day.  But I did enjoy writing about our life - sort of like a journal.  I like looking back and seeing what we did 1, 2, 3, 4 or even 5 years ago.  Yes, I really have been blogging for that long, which proves my point - I wanted to do a post about blogging for 5 years and that anniversary came and went in July!

I am trying to figure out how to get back to blogging about the whole family and not just Eddie.  I really don't necessarily want to turn this into his blog.  One idea I had was to actually stop blogging all together.  But I am not sure that I really want to do that.  I think part of the big issue is finding the time to blog and I think I somehow feel that I need to have pictures (of Eddie) in every post.

One solution that I did just think of a few minutes ago is to try blogging again every day.  I think that would force me to write about something else besides Eddie.  While he changes and grows quickly - it's not like he is adding a new skill every single day!  And my baking blog is on a hiatus for a while, so I would like to take this time to do some baking on my own and then I can post about it here.

If I do decide to blog daily, I probably won't start until September 1 (and by then, I might forget about this entirely).  Until then, I am going to do some serious thinking about whether or not I really want to keep this blog going . . .

3 comments:

JoAnne said...

Noooooooooooooooooo, don't stop blogging! I love reading your blogposts. Why don't you try alternating posts about you, Uncas, Little E and Sammy each time. Or post about E on time and someone else in the family the next, etc. Don't stop!

Anonymous said...

I'm with JoAnne... I really enjoy 'catching up' by reading your blog. And I think that her suggestions were good ones.

On the other hand, Eddie- right now and for awhile- is a HUGE part of your life and it makes sense that entries revolve around him... as your life is probably revolving around him, too.

My last thought- and then I'll shut up, I promise- is a question to ponder: are you making enough time for yourself? for your own adventures? If so... then you'll have something to write about. Maybe feeling like you only write about Eddie is your inner-self screaming "don't forget about me!" (Just a shot in the dark... I really don't know if this is the case).

Abby said...

I love reading updates about Eddie and seeing pictures, but I can totally relate to your dilemma ~ been there! I definitely think you should keep blogging . . . it'll all balance out. And I, for one, would be an enthusiastic audience for more baking posts. ;-) (no surprise!)