Saturday, August 21, 2010

Over the River and Through the Woods

We made it safely to Grandma and Grandpa's house yesterday.  I was a little worried about driving by myself with the baby and the dog, but overall, it went pretty smoothly.  We stopped a few times, but for the most part, both boys were great.

We made it just in the nick of time.  Apparently I had been just ahead of the storm and right after I finished bringing in the last load from the car, it started raining.  And it rained!  And fortunately I didn't park in my parent's driveway because huge branches one of their trees came down - right where my car would have been!

We have a busy weekend planned - a trip to Uncle Derek and Aunt Jeanna's new house today.  Tomorrow we are visiting Great Aunt Debbie and then we'll see Great Grandma and hopefully Great Aunt Margit and Great Uncle Dale too!  So much family!!!!

I am happy to report that Eddie slept fabulously last night.  He went to bed at 6 pm.  All I had to do was lay him down and there wasn't a peep out of him until 3:30.  He ate quickly and went right back to sleep 20 minutes later.  And then he slept until 6:15 am.  Sammy joined Grandma and Grandpa for part of night, so I enjoyed sprawling out in the guest bed!  We sure miss Daddy, but he is having fun with his own dad.  They are probably out fishing right now!

No comments: