Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Vacation Continues

Today is mine and Eddie's last day with Grandma and Grandpa before we head back north.  So far we have been having a great time!  Monday we hung around the house in the morning while Grandma went to work.  When she got home, we head to the community pool.  Eddie wasn't too sure about things, but I think he didn't hate it.  When we got home, since it was so warm, we let him roll around the deck (on a towel) naked.  I think he had the most fun doing that.  Friends of my parents came over for dinner that night so they could meet Eddie. 

Yesterday was my mom's birthday!  Eddie and I stopped and visited Great Grandma R again and then headed to my mom's work for lunch.  She was able to show Eddie off to all her co-workers.  One of her co-workers had a baby boy 7 days before Eddie was born.  She brought him over and it was fun to see the two boys together.  Eddie kept trying to touch him, especially his face!  Of course no one had a camera!

Our afternoon was pretty low-key, but we did take Eddie to the park so he could swing.  He loves doing that, and of course Sammy had a good time going for a walk and running around the park.  Last night we enjoyed a steak dinner and carrot cake - yum!

Today is another low-key day.  My dad and I already took Eddie to the local bakery.  We stocked up on lots of goodies.  We came home, and promptly put Eddie down for a nap so we could eat breakfast!  It's hard to believe that today is already Wednesday.  We are having such a great time.  We are starting to miss Uncas a lot, so we are looking forward to heading home tomorrow morning.

One last update - on Sunday night/early Monday morning, I received the call that I have been waiting for - my best friend Lisa had her baby!  She and her husband are proud parents to another little baby boy!!  His name is Ezra Paul and he was 8 lb. 15 oz.  He is a beautiful baby and I can't wait to hold him in October when I go visit.  Congratulations to Lisa, Brian and big brother Caiden!!!!!

No comments: