Sunday, August 1, 2010

First Night Away

I survived my first overnight away from Eddie this weekend.  No tears were shed and quite honestly, while I missed him, I also very much enjoyed myself!

A dear college friend was having his "bachelor" party this past Saturday night with all his awesome female friends in Madison.  He specifically chose that location in the hopes the a couple of us could make it.  I immediately knew that I wanted to go and hang out with some people that I hadn't seen in years!  I was even fortunate enough to carpool with one of my friends.

Saturday morning I left Eddie in Daddy's capable hands.  I drove to Menomonie, WI to meet with up with my friend Jacqueline.  We then drove together to Madison (we might have stopped at the outlet mall at the Dells to shop for an hour).  We met up with Kevin (the groom-to-be) at the hotel and one by one, the rest of the group arrived.  We went out to a fabulous Mexican restaurant for dinner, followed up by some Cold Stone Creamery for dessert.  Then we headed back to the hotel for more conversation and lots of laughs.  Morning came way too soon, and Jacqueline and I were back on the road by 8:30.  I made it back home around 1 pm.

I don't have any pictures from my fun weekend because I left the camera at home for Daddy to document the fun that he and Eddie had.  Here are some pictures that they took!





Apparently in that last picture - Eddie moved from the top right spot of the blanket, to where he ended up in like 30 seconds.  No, he's not crawling, he just wiggles and rolls!!!!

I really enjoyed my break this weekend.  I missed my boys (all three of them), but the time away was nice.  Eddie was napping when I got and I was so excited when he woke up!  I couldn't wait to hug and kiss him!!

No comments: