Sunday, May 9, 2010

My First Mother's Day!

This little smiling face is what today is really all about. This time last year I had no idea when I would be a mother. Just a few weeks ago I was trying to figure out ideas for gifts to get my mom and mother-in-law for Mother's Day. After a several minutes it finally dawned on me that this year I am a mother and I will be celebrating in a different way! It still seems strange after all these years of recognizing mothers, that I fall into this category.

I am fortunate to have a wonderful husband who really made not only this day fabulous for me, but this whole weekend! I got some much needed time to myself each day. Friday night I went out to dinner and shopping with a girlfriend. Yesterday Uncas took Little E shopping so I could clean and take a nap. And then today Uncas took Little E to Cabela's for the first time (but surely not his last) and I was able to do some yard work. While it probably doesn't seem to be an overly exciting weekend to many, it was exactly everything I could have hoped for!

Motherhood is hard work and yet it's the best job that I have ever had! It makes me appreciate not only my own mother that much more, but all the mothers that are out there. I hope all you mothers had a great day today (for the record, I believe that being a mom to furbabies count too!) And a very happy Mother's day to my own Mom and Mother-in-law!

1 comment:

LisaD said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend! Yay for rockin' husbands!