Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

We are having a great holiday weekend!  So far Uncas and I have been able to get a lot of yard work done.  We have a huge silver maple in our front yard that drops little helicopters in the spring.  We finally got around to sweeping them up from our driveway and patio.  Now we will be plucking little maple trees from the flower beds for the rest of the summer!  This week we also got a new tree planted in our yard.  The city of Richfield planted a new boulevard tree in our front yard.  It's an ironwood (hop-hornbeam) tree.  It looks really nice, although rather small right now.  I was also able to get into my shade garden that I started last year.  It's very much a work in progress, but I really needed to clean it up.

Yesterday in addition to yard work, my friend Jacqueline and her two kids stopped by to meet Eddie.  It was fun to them.  While Jacqueline held Eddie, her kids played with Sammy and our Wii.  Then last night we went to Ashley's house.  You'll recall that is Eddie girlfriend.  I didn't take pictures of the kids :-(  It was fun to hang out with Ashley's parents.

Today we did some more yard work.  The great thing right now is that Eddie has been taking some long naps during the days.  This enabled Uncas and I to both be outside at the same time today and yesterday.  Hopefully this is a trend that continues as I envision all the things that I can accomplish now during nap time!

And speaking of sleeping - the most exciting thing that Eddie has done this week was sleep for 10 hours straight on Friday night!  Of course I was up for a couple of hours, just waiting for him to wake up!  Last night wasn't quite as long, but it's much better than the 3 or 4 hours stretches he has been doing lately.  We'll see how tonight goes!

Here are some photos from the weekend so far!
 Happy baby after bath time!

 Meeting Jacqueline

 Little Cubs fan!

 Mmmmm . . . tasty fingers!

 Mama and Eddie showing their support for the Cubs!

 Eddie supervising Daddy while Daddy installs new blinds

 Love this picture of my two sweeties!

Bath time!

No comments: