Monday, May 24, 2010

It's Gonna Be a Long Summer . . .

Let me tell you why it's going to be a long summer. It's not because of the heat, although it did reach 95 degrees here in the Twin Cities today. It's because I will not be able to enjoy the goodness of a DQ Blizzard. Or a cheeseburger on the grill. Or a tasty chocolate milkshake. Or pizza. Or cheese curds from the MN State Fair (my husband suggested that one).

What do those things have in common?

If you guessed dairy - you are correct.

I discovered recently that Eddie has a tendency to spit up when I consume dairy. And it's not just a little spit up - it's a lot!

I sort of feel stupid for not realizing this sooner and a little bit like a bad mama. I think part of me was in denial. I love, love, love DQ Blizzards. The thought of not having one all summer long - any ice cream in fact, is very depressing. But at the same time, if that's what I have to do, then so be it. I know if I really wanted one, I could just deal with the spit up. I am just not sure if the actual spitting up bothers Eddie. I kind of think it does, so I really don't want to have to put him through that if I can help it.

Don't feel too bad for me though. Giving up dairy certainly isn't the end of the world. I can still eat chocolate, cake, cookies, and pie - some of my other most favorite foods!

No comments: