Thursday, September 30, 2010

What a Difference a Week Makes!

It's really amazing how quickly babies grow and change in the first year of life.  This week has been huge for Eddie - he has hit several milestones and it truly amazes me.

On Monday late afternoon/early evening Uncas happen to be home from work early.  It was great to spend the extra time together as a family.  We were standing in the living room and Eddie was on the rug.  He got up on all fours, which has been doing for a couple of weeks and proceeded to crawl, just a couple "steps" towards us!  We were both like "Did you see that?!"  I count that as Eddie's first official crawl!  He's been practicing a lot over the past couple of days.  Tonight we were outside when Uncas got home from work and all of the sudden Eddie just seemed to have it down pat.  Check out the video.

(Side note to the video - you'll have to excuse the outfit.  I didn't feel like wrestling him to put on his pants since I knew he would be getting into his pajamas soon.  Then we decided to go outside and I thought maybe he would be cold, so I grabbed a fleece from my car - I know - super classy!)

As if crawling wasn't enough this week, on Tuesday afternoon I thought I saw and felt his first tooth.  I was pretty sure, but by Wednesday I was positive!  So he officially has his first tooth popping through and I am pretty sure another one will be following closely.

And to top everything off - last night he slept from 6 pm till 5 am!  He's been napping like a champ this week which I think is mainly due to the fact that he is so active now when he is awake.  But this sleeping through the night is great.  Fingers are crossed that it continues.

It's been such a fun week for me.  I swear that Eddie continues to be happier and happier the more mobile he becomes.  I am so proud of his dedication and his determination this week.  He would continue to get up on all fours again and again.  It always seemed like by the end of the day he would be stronger and better instead of being tired or defeated.    And one of his favorite activities hands down was to "get the dog"!  I am not sure what Sammy makes of all of this.  Sometimes I think he likes having Eddie chase him, but other times Sammy jumps about ten feet because he isn't expecting to feel little hands grabbing him. 

I love watching Eddie grow stronger and stronger each day.  He truly amazes me!
Once again pantless - Eddie getting the rainbow that is made by the window on our front door.

1 comment:

ron said...

Now the fun begins. Sammy can run for the hills but, you guys have to pay attention to him at all times. No rest for the . . . . .