Monday, September 20, 2010

6 Months

It's hard to believe that in 6 months I will be planning my baby's first birthday party!  Friday was Eddie's 6 month mark, but we were traveling that day and I completely forgot in the morning to take his picture with his whale.  So I ended up taking the pictures this morning.  I actually had it with on Thursday when we had professional pictures taken, but I wanted to have some to post on my blog.  But first here's whats going on with Eddie right now:
  • Eddie's not quite there with the crawling, but getting even closer.  He's up on all fours and rocking which he started doing this past week.  He can still get around without crawling as he is great at scooting around on his belly and rolling to where he needs to go.  He loves getting "stuck" by things like the couch and Pack N Play or the chair in the living room.  He tends to move his quickest when he spots black cords from our computers, or the cell phone chargers or the black cord on our camera.  I am completely terrified of what he is going to get into when he does start crawling.
  • Food - I just did a long post about this, so I won't go into great detail.  Basically he likes food!
  • Sammy - he is the one thing that will always put a smile on Eddie's face.  Eddie loves him so much already!  Eddie will laugh and giggle when watching Sammy play and chew on his toys.  He loves watching Sammy run around the house.  We let Eddie "pet" Sammy although we constantly tell him "gentle".  He'll hold his fingers out so Sammy can lick them.  How does Sammy do with Eddie?  Great!  He will let Eddie pet him, which sometimes turns into grabbing.  When Sammy barks (sometimes he does that when we are chasing him - I think it's his way of saying how much fun he is having) and Eddie will just laugh at the barking!  I hope this relationship continues to progress and flourish as Eddie grows older.
  • No teeth yet, but the pediatrician said today that they will probably be coming in soon.  Uncas and I have been thinking that for weeks now, so I will believe it when they actually come in!
  • He has recently discovered that he can really express himself when he is unhappy.  This is usually when he is hungry and has spotted the bottle.  He will start crying and carrying on like we never ever feed him!  It seems as if he's a little melodramatic.  I can't imagine where he would get that from . . . it must be from Uncas :-)
  • We are back to the cloth diapering.  After we got back from our vacation from my parent's house we gradually started back and he is now fine in them.  We do prefer them over the disposables because we don't have any blow-outs with the cloth.  
  • Sleep - it's still a work in progress.  He's taking about 3 naps a day and his current bed time is still 6 pm.  He's been getting up around 5 am, which is starting to worry us about what's going to happen when daylight savings hits . . . but overall at least he is sleeping.  
  • Eddie is truly our happy baby.  Everyone comments on how much he smiles.  In the beginning when he first started smiling (which was early), I just assumed that all babies smiled as much as he did.  But I am starting to realize that he truly is a happy baby who loves to smile!  He'll smile at strangers in the store, he'll smile when we are trying to put him to sleep, he'll smile for Sammy, he'll smile when his Daddy comes home, and he'll smile while he is playing on the floor with his toys.  I have also come to realize that if he is smiling, then he must be happy and we must be doing something right as parents.
He currently weighs 17 lbs. 14 oz and is 27 inches long.  He is doing great according the pediatrician.


Now for the pictures of our happy boy:


No comments: