Saturday, September 4, 2010

Catching Up!

I had been doing so well blogging more often and this week that all came to a stand still!  I don't even quite know why.  So this morning I was all set to download pictures and type up a blog post and I discovered I am running out of room on my computer!  I need to put some of my pictures on CD and delete them, but the CD's are upstairs and the baby is sleeping.  We have been having some sleep issues with him this week, so I don't want to mess with a good thing right now!

As a result - I will just post my pictures later.

So - what's new?  Last weekend on Sunday I got my hair cut, and colored!  It's only my second haircut this year and I haven't gotten my hair colored since the disastrous results from last spring.  In order to even out the color, I actually went darker.  I like it a lot, although one of these days I would just prefer to let my hair be it's natural color. 

Eddie has been adjusting to being back at home.  Quite frankly he seemed to sleep much better while on vacation.  I think it must be because I bore him or can't entertain him quite enough.  Even though we leave the house every day at some point, it must not be enough to tire him out!  We have had a few challenging nights, but last night was better.  Unfortunately he woke up at 4 and I think it was because he was cold.  We moved a heater into his bedroom and that seemed to help.

I was going to save this for a separate post, but I might as well just talk about it now.  Last week I did something that I haven't done in well over a year, probably closer to a year and a half.  I started running again!  I just made the decision to start on a Friday morning.  Normally I would want to make a clean start on a Monday, but I figured why keep putting it off.  Since then I have run about 5 times.  It feels great.  Although I am slow and I don't run very far, I am determined to keep at it.  It's definitely challenging finding the time to run with an almost 6 month old.  I find that mornings tend to work the best while Uncas is still at home, plus it's great to get the run over with at the start of the day.  I would like to continue to build up the amount I run (yesterday I finally got up to 2 miles) and have even entertained the idea of running a 5K (3.1 miles) this fall.  We'll see how it goes, but for now I hope to continue to run at least 4 times a week.

Well, I need to refill my coffee cup (it's cold here this morning - in the low 50's!!!) and really there's not much else to say.  I promise to post pictures as soon as I can!

No comments: