Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Night, Already?!

We have had a busy weekend!  It started out pretty low key with us going to bed relatively early on Friday night.  I started compiling a "to do" of things that we wanted to accomplish over the weekend and kept hopping out of bed (until I was finally smart enough to bring the darn list into the bedroom) to add to the list!

Saturday morning we were all up early to start working.  I made some french toast with the brioche loaf that I froze.  It was pretty good, but not sure that I am willing to go through all that work again for some french toast.  Uncas set out to harvest carrots and boy did he bring in quite a haul.  They are very tasty and I am looking forward to cooking some up for Eddie to enjoy as well!  While Eddie was napping we also installed his new big boy (convertible) car seat in my car!  We then headed out to IKEA that afternoon.  We were on the search for new dressers for our room.

Oh, the dressers . . . this has been sort of an ongoing thing for me.

When we moved into the house, we ended up with kids dressers in our room.  They are nice kids dressers, but my main issue with them is that they are TINY!!!!  For an adult who is not a size 0, I seriously couldn't fit more than 1 pair of underwear and 1 pair of socks into a drawer (I might be exaggerating slightly, I could probably fit at least 2 pairs of each in a drawer).  We both had clothes stored all over the house.  And then when we were making room for Eddie, we got rid of some dressers upstairs in the extra bedrooms and our clothes were put into tubs and we haven't seen them for months!  I usually try to not think about how I have little storage for my clothes in our bedroom.  It's been easier to do now that I don't work outside the home.  But every once in a while it would really bother and irritate me.

Back to our trip to IKEA - Uncas had found a style of dresser online there that he liked and I did too.  We drove over to IKEA (Eddie in his new car seat, which he seemed to like) and found the dressers.  We really liked them and decided that we could fit one of each style in our room.  We loaded them on a cart, headed to a check out and out to my car.  I only drive a Honda Civic, which I love.  However it's not a car that is what one would call roomy.  We have had issues in the past trying to load stuff into the car, but Uncas has always assured me that it would fit!  There were 4 boxes for the two dressers and they did fit in the car.  Sadly, Eddie and I did not fit in the car!!!  Fortunately we live about 5 minutes from IKEA, so Uncas drove home, enlisted the help from a neighbor to unload the car and then came back for me and Eddie.  All-in-all it worked out just fine and we were able to practice installing and uninstalling our new car seat.

Saturday night we made homemade pizza using a thin crust recipe for the first time.  We decided it was the best homemade pizza that we had ever made before!  And then we set out to start putting together our new dressers.  We (and when I say we, I mean mainly Uncas) made great headway, but we ended up going to bed by 10:30, before the first one was complete knowing that we would be up early with Eddie.  And plus, he had gotten to a point that he needed to hammer and that was waking up Eddie.  When Eddie got up at 6 this morning, we got up and Uncas started back with the dressers.  While he was busy building, I was taking care of Eddie, which was interesting since the dresser building was in the living room where we usually hang out.  We needed to finish the dressers before 11:30 because we were baby-sitting this afternoon.  We managed to finish them and move them into our bedroom before we left.  I'll have to post pictures tomorrow of the finished dressers.  I love them so much and even though they are much larger than the old ones, our room doesn't look any smaller.

This afternoon we were once again baby-sitting for Eddie's "girlfriend" Ashley.  It was really fun to see the two of them together.  While Eddie moves around a lot more on the floor than Ashley, her babbling seems more advanced and she can blow raspberries with her lips, which totally cracked up me and Uncas!  The kids "played" together - which means they were on the floor next to each other.  Every once in a while they would grab a toy from one another, or try and touch eat other or put their mouth on the other one's arm or leg or hit each other in the head/face.  But they would also smile at each other too.  They were both really good babies and they each took a couple of short naps.


Checking each other out
Ashley grabbing Eddie's shirt
Eddie "kissing" Ashley's hand
Ashley says "No Eddie - you stop eating my hand!"
So now we are home, with our feet up, on our computers and watching some football.  It's been a very busy, but fun weekend.  There's more I could say, but I am tired and need to get to bed soon as I am gearing up for a busy week!

1 comment:

Abby said...

1. Love the pictures of the adorable babies! 2. My hubby does the exact same thing every time we go to Ikea - assures me things will fit and then they don't!!! 3. Can't wait to see pics - we are desperate for new dressers. 4. I actually keep a pad of paper and a pen right next to my bed for the late night list-making. =)