Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Last night we finally started celebrating Christmas! Uncas's parents came down from Duluth. This was the year of hats. My mother-in-law knit everyone in the family new winter hats. Here are Uncas and I showing off ours:


Sammy has really enjoyed having a playmate.  Sophie has been very patient and a willing participant in playing with Sammy at all times.  Here is a picture from last night, after they were all tired out:


Later on in the evening, Sophie decided to try out Sammy's bed.  It cracks me up because it's a little small for her, but that didn't stop her from sleeping on it all night!



We all made it till 12 am last night to ring in the new year, but we all stumbled to bed shortly after.  I think tonight bedtime will be pretty early.

Today was a fun day.  I went shopping with my mother-in-law and Uncas went shopping with his dad.  We have also spent time introducing my in-laws to our favorite tv sitcom - Better Off Ted.

Of course being the New Year, it's time to reveal New Year's Resolutions.  For the past few years, my resolution has been to learn to drive a stick shift car.  Guess what?  I didn't learn in 2009.  This year I only have one resolution.  It's car related and something that I thought of a couple of months ago.  For those of you who have had the privilege to drive with me, you'll know that I am impatient, aggressive and have a rather foul mouth towards other drivers on the road.  I realized that this is not good behavior that I want to model for my child, so my resolution is to be a more patient driver and not yell at other drivers on the road.  It's one that I truly believe I can keep this year, but we'll see.

I hope everyone had a safe and Happy New Years!  I think I am going to bed!

No comments: