Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oscar Recap (a little late)

It's Tuesday and I just realized that I never posted anything about the Oscars. I was exhausted yesterday and it was all I could do to make it through the day. Then the Closer season finale was on last night (LOVE that show - no new episodes until June) :-( So I went to bed early and now today I feel a million times better. In fact, I even got up to walk on the treadmill this morning.

But I digress - the Oscars. We went to our annual Oscar party which was a lot of fun. I do have pictures of the peanut butter torte, but I will have to wait and download them tonight. It turned out pretty good, but it's not quite what I expected. I can be so picky about things sometimes. Our friends Jeff and Patti made meatball subs which were awesome. I have never had a meatball sub before!

But I guess I should actually talk about the show and not just the food. Unlike most of the critic reviews that I have read, I actually really enjoyed the show on Sunday. I liked the format and how they presented the awards in clusters. I thought they got some great presenters (Steve Martin, Tina Fey, Jack Black, Ben Stiller, Natalie Portman, Will Smith, to name a few). I also really enjoyed having 5 past winners for the actor categories, although that definitely made the show a little bit longer than it had to be for the Best Actor and Actress category. The only thing that I really could have done without was the musical number. I am not a huge fan of Beyounce, but she is showing up everywhere - what the heck?! Hugh Jackman did a great job as host. I hope that they keep some of the changes that they made or at the very least work to mix things up again next year.

In other household news - Sammy is still hiding and finding his dingo bone from Saturday. It's just so darn cute. Sometimes he hides it so well, I can't even find it and last night he jumped up on the top part of the couch to hide it up there. He needed some help from Mama to get back up there later to get it - crazy dog. I wonder how long this is going to last?

No comments: