Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day 2009

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day.  I think we had the best one yet!  It started out with us getting up at 8 am this morning.  This is a very rare thing considering that we didn't have any major plans until the evening.  Normally Uncas likes to sleep in pretty late.  But when Sammy got up, we all were awake.  As I was letting the dog out, I discovered on the kitchen counter my Valentine's day present.  Uncas had set it out the night before!  So I took it back into bed and opened it up.  I received some emerald earrings that match my emerald necklace.  I love them sooooo much!  I tried to get a picture of them, but it didn't work out too well. 

 
Sammy enjoyed playing with the box and didn't even mind the bow that I stuck around his neck.  But after we took the box away, he started barking at us.
 
  
Uncas and I decided to go out to breakfast since we were up and then we headed to Menards to buy more house stuff.  Uncas did our taxes today (we get a nice refund from Federal) and I ran and took a nap with Sammy.  Tonight we went out to dinner at Maggianos - the food was really, really good, but the service was slow.  We just happened to get Sara who like to avoid our table from some reason.  After dinner we met Josh and Jaron for some bowling.  I actually didn't suck and even managed to break 100 both games!

 
  
 But now I am quite tired and Uncas has gone to bed without me!  I do want to leave you with a couple of pictures that I promised from my last post - the lake in our backyard and me decorating cookies.

 
 

1 comment:

LisaD said...

Sounds like you had a great VDay!! YAY!! I want to see more pics of your earrings!!!! How did you do at bowling?