Friday, February 13, 2009

A little Behind

Wow - I didn't realize that I hadn't posted a new note since Monday. Not that much has happened this week, but I did take some pictures that I have been meaning to upload. I am currently at work, so you'll have to check back later tonight for the actual pictures.

Tuesday morning we woke up to a lake in our backyard. With all the warm temperatures (loving it!), the sudden melting and frozen ground left us with lots of water. By the time we got home from work, the lake seemed even deeper. Uncas took some pictures and good thing - by the next morning there wasn't much water left and by that night, it had finally absorbed into the ground. I was pretty worried about it at first, but there doesn't appear to be any water in our basement - thank goodness. Sammy is also happy to have his entire yard back to explore.

An update on the working out in the mornings - I did actually get up three mornings this week (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday). Wednesday I came into work early, so I skipped that day, and this morning I just wanted a to sleep in a little bit more. I figure 3 days is better than none and next week my goal is 4 days. I might have been a little ambitious to think that I could really get up that early all 5 days right off the bat. But overall I am pretty pleased with the progress.

Last night I made a new cookie recipe. They are ricotta cheese cookies and I decorated them for Valentine's Day. Uncas took a couple of pictures. They are an easy cookie to make and quite tasty, but the recipe yields a million, or so it seemed, so I didn't even decorate all of them. So if you are in the neighborhood, stop on by this weekend for a cookie or two.

No comments: