Sunday, February 8, 2009

Another Winter Weekend

Not really too much to report with our household.  We are in the middle of winter and even though the temperatures have been a little more pleasant this week, like any true Minnesotans, we are longing for the days of spring.  But until spring comes, we are pretty much home-bound.  It was a long week at work and I wasn't feeling the greatest for most of the week.  The result is that I have logged zero hours on the treadmill for February so far.  My plan this week is to get up early every day and run in the morning.  I have a friend who has two children, works full time and is going to school for her PhD.  If she can get up 3 mornings a week to workout, then I figure I really don't have an excuse.  We'll see how this goes.

Uncas was very busy on Saturday putting together three shelving units for our basement.  It's really starting to get organized down there and that feels so good.  Check out his handy work:

 
  
While he was downstairs, I was busy preparing food for that night.  Our friends Josh and Jaron came over for dinner and some Wii.  I made baked ziti, burned some garlic bread, and baked a French Silk pie for dessert.  The guys didn't care for Guitar Hero too much, but we had a blast playing Rabbids and Monkey Balls.  Here Sammy is helping Jaron play Wii.
 
 Today was a lazy day, as Sunday's should be.  We are currently sleeping, watching the Grammys.  The highlight - blink 182.  Of course how else would I end a blog entry, but with a couple of cute Sammy photos.  
Sammy and Mama sharing a moment on Saturday morning in the sun.

Sammy sleeping on daddy's lap after a long day of exploring in the yard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sammy looks ready to watch the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show....Tina and Snoopy are ready to go.....man look at all the dogs....Ruff Ruff, Bark Bark.....go dachshunds'...

Jbird said...

Nice work Summer! You work out way more than I do, but I did get up today at 6. It does feel good once you get out of your warm bed! Keep going.