Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Little Break

I don't know about everyone else, but the warmer weather this weekend was sure a nice break from the sub-zero temperatures. This morning I ran to the grocery store without a jacket (I was wearing a lightweight fleece shirt). It was 28 degrees which was 40 degrees warmer than last weekend. Sammy got to enjoy a lot of time outside this weekend exploring in the yard, digging up who knows what and eating it. Uncas shoveled a little system of paths in our backyard this past week and with the warmer weather, the snow was packed pretty hard, so Sammy actually could walk around most of the yard. I took a few pictures.

I had been craving pumpkin cake/bars with cream cheese frosting for a while now, so I finally made some today. They taste as good as they look!
This weekend was pretty productive around the house. Uncas cleaned out the area in our basement where he is going to put his workbench. Then he washed the walls, primed and painted it. Check out the before and after pictures here. Next he will start building his workbench. While he was busy with that, I went to Target and bought a bunch of clear tubs. We still have boxes in our basement that haven't been unpacked as well as stuff that is just for storage. We want to make the transition from cardboard boxes to clear tubs - all the same size. We also plan to buy some storage shelves for downstairs. Everything is coming along pretty well.

But not all this weekend was work. Last night we went out to dinner and a movie. I can't remember the last time we did that. We saw Slumdog Millionaire and it is a great movie. I had heard all great things before seeing it and it did live up to the hype. A very uplifting movie which I highly recommend.

Well, as usual, my dog is looking for some attention and I need to start dinner and then settle down to watch the Superbowl!

3 comments:

Kellys said...

I like the new background!

Summer said...

Thanks! I got the idea from my friend Ella who also has a blog. There are so many to choose from - I will probably switch again when I am bored with this one.

ron said...

REALLY COOL PAGE LAYOUT!!!