Thursday, February 18, 2010

Nursery

We have finally managed to get things pretty well organized in the baby's room.  Here are some pictures:




You'll notice we don't have much on the walls.  I think at this point we are going to wait until after the baby is born.  I would like to put the baby's name in big letters on the wall, and we have talked about adding some gender specific stuff to the room as well.  It's a tiny room, but I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.  We would still like to get a glider for the room (the white chair is just in there temporarily for me to sit when I am working in there). 

This week I also crocheted my first baby hat ever!  It turned out really cute!
My only problem with the hat is that it seems awfully big for a newborn, which is what the pattern was for.  Uncas didn't think so, but to prove my theory correct, I found a little model.
As you can see, the hat fits little Eliza perfectly.  However, Eliza is three months old, so I will have to go back and figure out how to make it smaller.  As payment for modeling, I gave Eliza the hat.  I mean, how could I take it away from that cute face?!

1 comment:

LisaD said...

Lookin' great!!!! I love your bookshelf too - that completes the room quite nicely! Now you just need a baby and you'll be all set. :D