Friday, February 19, 2010

Nineteen

Today is February 19th.  The number has special meaning for Uncas and I.  Both of our birthdays fall on the 19th and as a result, we married on the 19th.  This morning I had a conversation with the baby.  I explained that I would give it a bonus if it showed up today.  I do realize that this will probably not be the first time that my child doesn't listen to me.  In all honestly, I have absolutely no signs pointing that I will deliver today.  Oh well - at least I attempted!  I suppose it's not the end of the world if the child isn't born on the 19th.  Sammy's birthday actually falls on the 18th!

In other baby news, I decided to switch the size of my crochet hook to change the size of the baby hat (from the previous post).  My mother-in-law also gave me some advice on the size of a newborn hat, which was helpful.  I made two new hats.  One for a girl and one for a boy.  I am going to take them both to the hospital and depending on what little Nimzlet is will determine which hat he or she wears home. 

 Girl hat

Boy Hat

I still have another pattern that I would like to try.  It's a good thing I know so many people have babies this year.  These hats are fun to make and they take so little time.

1 comment:

Ella said...

Cute hats! Wow you are fast, too! I wish knitting were that fast... maybe I'll have to learn how to crochet.