Monday, February 1, 2010

As if I am not busy enough

At the end of last year, I was inspired to do a new project for 2010. Both my best friend Lisa and I love to bake. I wished that she lived closer (she's in Seattle), so we could bake together. We decided to do the next best thing - we are baking our way through a dessert cookbook.

The book we decided on is You Made That for Dessert by Beth Lipton. The goal for this little project was to not only expand and perfect our baking skills, but also to broaden our horizons and try some new things.

In doing this, however, we are keeping a blog to document our journey. You can check it out at:

Best Friends Baking

I also have a link included at the side of this blog.

Each week we are baking a different recipe and we are each blogging about our experience. So far we are three weeks in and it's been a lot of fun. Of course, we have started with some fairly "easy" recipes.

So - follow along with our little project if you like. You might even be able to taste some of the goods if you happen to stop by during the right time of the week. This past weekend our house guests were able to sample last week's recipe - Peanut Butter Banana Bread!

1 comment:

Abby said...

What a great idea, Summer! I'm excited to see what you guys bake! =)