Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fun with Grandma and Grandap B

Once again - I started this post a few days ago, and have not had the time or motivation to complete.  I figured I should finally get this posted since my parents visited last weekend!  Here we go!

Last weekend my parents came to visit us.  Their primary reason for the visit was to see Eddie (well, that was my mom's reason), but we actually scheduled their visit, so they could go to a ballgame at the new Target Field. 

Mom feeding Eddie Friday night.
Dad playing with Eddie
They arrived Friday evening in time for dinner.  And Eddie took a late afternoon nap, so he was still awake.  My mom stated on the phone when they were about 10 minutes away "Don't put that baby to bed until we get there!"  She was able to start her holding and cuddling with Eddie that night!  She also generously offered to get up at night with his feedings.  At the time - he was getting up twice a night (boy did he have us trained well or what?!)  Uncas and I greatly appreciated the extra sleep. I got up on Saturday morning to find Eddie playing with Grandma and Grandpa in their bed.  Saturday we didn't do a whole lot.  We went to the Farmer's Market in the morning and my mom and I did some shopping in the early afternoon. 

Sunday was the big game!  As Cubs' fans we are obligated to hate the White Sox, so we picked a day when the Twins were playing against the White Sox, so we could all cheer on the Twins.  (a little side note, my dad says that he would rather see the White Sox lose than the Cubs win!) Fortunately the game was in the afternoon. 

We loaded Eddie in a Snugli Baby Carrier and away we went to Target Field!  The game was exciting.  The Twins were winning, then losing and then won it in an awesome 9th inning rally!  It started out cloudy and then got really sunny.  Fortunately our seats were shaded before too long, but I did have to take Eddie out of the sun for a bit.  I was really impressed with the ushers at Target Field.  Twice of them came over to me while I was standing with Eddie to make sure that we were ok.  Eddie slept for a good portion of the game, including the 9th inning, despite all the cheering and screaming. 

After the game, I knew that we needed to change his diaper, but feared the restrooms would be so crowded.  We did the next best thing and changed him in my lap!  It worked out great!

Our weekend with my parents came to a quick end.  They took off shortly after the game concluded.  It was so much fun to have them here. Uncas and I definitely appreciated a little break from feeding and changing Eddie.

Mama and Eddie
Grandma playing patty-cake with Eddie
Eddie wearing his Twins oneies and Cubs hat

Daddy and Mama at the game
Family in Twins' gear.  Even Sammy is wearing a Twins collar!

1 comment:

JoAnne said...

We had a wonderful time! Can't wait to see you in August!