- This month you learned how to roll over from your back to your belly. You did it for a few days and then you stopped. You have absolutely no interest in rolling over all the way anymore, although you do like to spend quite a bit of time on your sides, so it seems like you might roll over, but you don't. This weekend when Grandma and Grandpa were here, you refused to roll over, but then this afternoon you did it for Daddy twice!
- You love your feet - especially your left foot. You like to hold it and you try to put it in your mouth - all the time! I think this could be part of the reason why you don't roll over anymore. You would rather play with your feet!
- In the past couple of days, you have really found your voice. You love to talk and very loudly! Sometimes it sounds like you are upset, but you are just enjoying the the different noises you can now make!
- You now like to reach out and grab your toys and put them in your mouth. Every day you are getting better and better at grabbing things
- Your eyes are slowly starting to change color. I was really hoping for blue eyes, but I think yours will end up matching your brown-eyed Daddy.
- Last month you stopped taking the bottle, but shortly after I posted about that, we found a nipple (made by MAM) that works and we ended up weaning you from nursing. It's been a good switch for you, as I think your tummy is less upset and you spit up far less. Plus, this gives you some good time to bond with Daddy or Grandmas and Grandpas because now they can help feed you too!
- Sleep - we are working on this one. You still wake up once or twice a night, but after consulting with the pediatrician today, we are going to work on hopefully getting you to sleep through the night.
- You are really a pretty happy baby. Daddy and I love to play with you and Sammy has started becoming much more jealous of you now that you are on the floor more and more. Although, you are really interested in Sammy. You love to watch him and try and reach out to him. You also kick him a lot, but that's only because Sammy is trying to sit on Mama's lap. I do think you two will become good buddies one day soon!
Monday, July 19, 2010
Eddie is 4 months old! That's a quarter of the first year already! Time is sure flying by quickly. I am way behind on posting this, although I did actually start writing it on Saturday. He had his doctor's appointment today and he topped the scale at 15 lbs. 15 oz and measuring 25 inches long. I think he is going to be a big boy! Here is a recap from the past month: