Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sitting Around

Late last week Uncas and I finally got our act together and decided to purchase a glider for the baby's room.  I ordered it online at a major discount retailer that does free delivery to the store.  It's estimated arrival date was 3/16-3/22, but I didn't want to pay for the shipping to our house.  We took a chance that just maybe it would come in early.  Of course yesterday it came, so Uncas picked it up last night and assembled it.

It's not the most extravagant one, but I think it will do the job.

I was also digging around our basement this morning in boxes and found a couple of things that I thought I would share.  First up - a picture of a lovely pregnant lady.  Any guesses on who this is?
For those of you who guessed my mom - you are right!  I am not sure if she is pregnant with me or my brother in this picture, but doesn't she look fabulous?  And very stylish considering this was mid 70's when fashion wasn't always the greatest.

Up next - a birth announcement:


Is it bad that I love my own birth announcement?  I think it's so cute!  Maybe tomorrow I will scan and upload some baby pictures of me!

4 comments:

ron said...

Hey! She still looks that good. And, it must have taken a highly talented,creative person to make such a cute announcement. The funny thing is that your feet are still that size.

JoAnne said...

Yep, that's me - 8 mos pregnant with Derek. And that was taken at his baby shower at Grandma Blume's house. Boy, I liked my hairstyle then. But notice all the stains on my shirt! I think I spilled a lot during that pregnancy! And you can thank your art director father for the fantastic birth announcement. Thanks for sharing Summer!

Ella said...

Nice glider! LOVE your birth announcement! Wish we could have gotten it together enough around here to make a fun creative one like that for Eliza.

Baby Nimzlet is teaching you alllll about patience, huh??!! Yeah, Eliza wanted me to learn about that, too, for some reason... what is WITH these babies??

Ella said...

HA! Loved the question you left... :) Unfortunately, I don't have any tricks - MY baby didn't want to come out until 8 days overdue. And even then, she was still reluctant!