Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Laundry Room

The past few weekends Uncas has been hard at work at redoing our laundry room in the basement. I went through all of the pictures of the house from when we first bought it, but I did not take any "before" pictures in the basement. Not surprising given the fact that it's dark and kind of dirty and kind of gross.

Basically in the laundry room there were two sets of cabinets across from the washer and dryer. One set was mounted on the wall and the other was free standing on the floor. I never did look in the bottom cabinets (too scared) and I barely used the ones on the wall. Uncas removed both sets of cabinets, scraped down the walls, cleaned them, painted the walls and the floor and then built me a work area/storage space and put up new shelving. It seriously feels like a different room. He also added more lightening, so it's really bright down there.

He still has a few more shelves to put up, but for the most part it's done and I love it! Here are the after pictures:




1 comment:

LisaD said...

Nice work Uncas! Far less scary! :D