Sunday, November 30, 2008

Full Thanksgiving Report 2008

I did a mini post about Thanksgiving, but here is a full report of the whole weekend. Mom and Dad Nimz came down on Wednesday night, with their dog Sophie in tow. Sammy and Sophie had a great time together. Sophie was very patient with Sammy and enjoyed playing with him. Sammy would bug her and pester her and then go running to the closest legs/laps for protection. It was quite amusing.

We introduced Mom and Dad N. to playing with the Wii. They were great sports and managed to pick it up quickly. It was fun to bowl from the comfort of our own home. We also took the dogs for a walk before dinner. Between the Wii and the walk, we figured that we did a good job of burning off the meal.

Friday was a lazy day - for me anyways. Mom and Dad wanted to do some shopping, so Uncas went off with them, while I hung out with the dogs at home. After Mom and Dad headed back to Duluth, Uncas and I hung out at home. We decided to take a break from cooking and ordered take-out - yum!

Saturday I did chores around the house while Uncas started our Christmas shopping with Andy. I met up with them at Andy and Ella's house for dinner later that night. They made a tasty meal (lasgna, bread, and salad) and we had an even tastier dessert - apple cake! After dinner we played some Wii (can you sense a new theme for us this fall)?

That brings us to today. Uncas and I went out and got our Christmas tree! We think we picked out a pretty good tree. It's exciting to have a real tree. Sammy isn't quite sure what to make of it just yet. He likes to sit on the skirt under the tree and he definitely smells something . . . let's hope he doesn't try to bring it down. I spent the rest of the decorating the house and doing some more Christmas shopping. I would say that we are nearly half way done, which feels pretty good. I had hoped to have the Christmas cards out this weekend, but there was a little gliche in my plan. They should go out by Wednesday at the latest . . .

Check out the pictures from the weekend!

No comments: