Sunday, November 2, 2008

Oh Happy, Happy Day!

I actually started this post a couple of days ago, but last night I was glued to my tv, so I didn't even bother finishing it up! First - I am SOOOO happy, excited, relieved, elated . . . (I think you get the idea) that Obama is going to be our next president!!! In Minnesota the Senate race is not yet decided, so we'll have to continue to wait and see about that. Going to work was so much fun today to talk about the exciting night!

Anyhow - back to the weekend recap. I always forget that Blogger uploads these pictures in a way that annoys me and doesn't make sense, so I will have to start with Sammy. Because the weather was so beautiful this weekend, I managed to snap some great pictures of him.

Here he is in the yard posing sweetly.

In our dining room in his dog bed. He picked this room because it's really the only room that the sunlight comes in during the morning and afternoons.
Here he is posing for me while he was trying to get comfy to take a nap (see above picture)
I love this picture - he just sat in our yard staring at the neighbor's cat (the white thing in the driveway). The cat roams around the whole neighborhood, so he has had other encounters with it before. We are lucky that Sammy just stays in the yard, and doesn't run into the street!
A big part of our weekend was spent shopping and spending money. We are doing our share to keep this economy afloat! This year we decided our Christmas present to each other would be to buy a big, flat, LCD tv. After saving and doing research (Uncas did the research), we found a nice 42 inch tv. AFter bringing it home, we decided that it might be a little bit too big for our living room, but we aren't going to return it :-)

Here is a picture of Uncas and Sammy watching the Vikings game this weekend in HD!
Uncas hooking up the new TV.
Look the base of the new tv is just as big as our old tv!
Check out how big the box is? I put Sammy in front of it for a comparison!
Our spending didn't stop with the tv. Our dishwasher broke last week, so we also purchased a new. That won't arrive until next week, and then Uncas gets to be "Uncas the Plumber" as he tries to install the new one. I have to say that I am pretty excited because just doing all the dishes for a week is getting old really quick!

We are gearing up for some fun stuff this weekend. Uncas will be going up North to hunt (or kill Bambi as I like to say). I am heading South to bake Christmas cookies with my mom, and Jeanna. My brother and Saffron will be coming too along with Tina and Snoopy, so I know Sammy is going to be very excited!

No comments: