Monday, November 10, 2008

Cookie Baking Weekend

This weekend was the annual Blume Christmas Cooking Baking weekend. My mom has always made a lot of Christmas cookies. She gives them away as gifts and makes sure that our family has plenty to munch on through out the holiday season. Years back we started baking them together and when I moved away, we would pick one weekend and just go crazy making as many kinds as possible. The past couple of years we decided that we would each make a couple of different kinds and just save the harder ones (cut-out and spritz) for the cookie weekend. Jeanna has joined us in more recent years and now the tradition is on! I didn't get many pictures of the actual cookie baking (I was a little busy), but if you hop over to my dad's blog, you'll see some action shots! (For the record, I declared myself Martha, my mom Betty and Jeanna is Rachel).

Of course, the house was busy enough with us in the kitchen, but we weren't the only ones around. Sammy, Tina, Snoopy, Derek, Saffron and my dad were all there too (Uncas was off killing Bambi).

Here is a picture of Sammy "protecting" Saffy while she was hanging on the bean bag chair.

Saffy sleeping in the bean bag chair.
Saffy tired out from all the cookie baking! It sure was hard work!!!
Cookies, Cookies - everywhere. We made 4 different kinds this weekend and I brought 3 other kinds that I had made earlier in the week!
Grandpa hanging (sleeping) on the couch with Tina (in the pink harness) and Snoopy (on his lap).
Sammy bugging Snoopy. You can just see Snoopy growling undering the blanket!

Snoopy hiding from Sammy on the chair, where Sammy can't reach!
Grandpa chatting with Saffy about the finer points of testing cookies.
Saffy hanging out in the bouncy seat.

Sammy and Saffy sitting on Grandma's lap!
Derek and my dad wore the same shirt on Saturday.

Here is a picture of a cute little Obama fan! He wanted me to tell you that if he voted, it would have been for Obama. He was sad to find out that he was too young to vote, so I let him wear my sticker!

And finally - this year Uncas gave me my birthday present early, so I thought that I should return the favor. His birthday isn't until next Wednesday, but tonight I came home from grocery shopping with his present. He is currently in the process of hooking it up!

1 comment:

LisaD said...

Yay for Wii!!!!! Hope you guys have fun with it!! Lemme know when you get it online - we can send you some Miis! :D