Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ultrasound - Baby Nimzlet

Today we had our 20 week ultrasound. I was really excited to see our baby again, especially since I had just started to feel it move around within the past week or so. Everything look pretty good - 2 arms, 2 legs, a nice strong heartbeat (140), 2 kidneys (at least that is what the tech said - we just thought they looked like black blobs).

One of the best parts of the appointment was when I saw its arm move and I could feel it. It was reassuring to know that what I thought was the baby moving, was really the baby moving!

Unfortunately the baby wasn't super cooperative, so we had a tough time getting some good pictures, but I actually didn't care. I know that the baby is there and looking good, so that is all that matters. Below is a picture of the baby's profile:



The tech was able to get a look at the gender, but we have no idea. Kind of strange that someone knows the sex of our baby, but we don't. Only 20 more weeks (give or take a few days) until we find out for sure! It's hard to believe that I am at the halfway mark!!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

LisaD said...

How exciting!!!! Baby looks great!!!

Ella said...

So glad to hear that everything looked great!! What a relief - now you can move on to fun stuff like registering and getting ready for baby!!!