Thursday, October 22, 2009

Tuesday Appointment

On Tuesday we had another prenatal appointment. It takes a little bit to get used to the group thing. Fortunately we like everyone in the group with the exception of one mom who constantly talks (around and around without saying much) and asks questions. Which - the asking questions part should be fine, but it's her 6th kid!!! Seriously - by the time you are pregnant for the 6th time, wouldn't you have this figured out by now?!

An interesting thing to note about the group of moms is that almost everyone is having a boy. We have 12 moms and of the 3 or 4 that aren't, they either haven't had their ultrasound yet, or they aren't finding out! It's pretty funny!

Our baby's heartbeat was sounding strong and they measured me to see if I was on track. Unfortunately I am extremely ticklish, so I was measuring around 19 weeks instead of 20. I think it's because I was tense. Oh well, the midwife didn't seem concerned and laughed about how she thought I had some strong muscles on my stomach! Now that is funny!

In unrelated news - the boulevard tree in our yard is gone! It was marked to be taken down about a month ago, much to our delight! It was dying, and Uncas was constantly worried that it was going to come down on one of our cars in a storm. When they marked it, the city didn't give any indication as to when the tree would be coming down, so I was quite shocked to pull up after class on Tuesday and see it gone. Our neighbor took some pictures and said it only too them about a 1/2 hour. So with the combination of the fact that Uncas mowed the front lawn on Monday, that tree now gone and our huge maple drops leaves very late in the season - our lawn is currently leaf free!

No comments: