Sunday, October 25, 2009

Grandma's 88th Birthday Celebration

This weekend Uncas, Sammy and I traveled to Wisconsin to help celebrate my Grandma's 88th Birthday.  Her actual birthday is Oct. 31, but the family decided it would be easier to celebrate the weekend before.  It was such a fun day.  On hand to celebrate with her were 3 of her children (out of 5) and their spouses, 8 grandchildren and 3 great-grand children (plus one more on the way) and three great-grand puppies!  We took over the activity room at her nursing home for the afternoon.  Lots of food and laughs were shared.  I didn't take a ton of pictures, but here are a few:


Grandma opening presents



Getting ready to sing Happy Birthday!



 Birthday Cakes



Pineapple Upside cake made by mom - yum!!!



Grandma and me

I really enjoyed seeing my aunts, uncles and cousins.  Since we live so far from most of them, who live in Chicago, it's always a treat to get together with them on occasions like this.  I think my grandma was pleased to see everyone, although at times I am sure it was a bit overwhelming too.

And speaking of long distance relatives, this weekend my big brother Rick was in town from California.  He flew into Chicago earlier in the week to visit my other grandma.  He drove up to WI on Saturday for the party and to visit my dad and mom.  Since Reid and I were also in town, we were able to spend time with him too!


 
Rick and I

Unfortunately the weekend went by far too quickly.  We left my parents late this morning, so we were home by late afternoon.  One thing that I discovered about being pregnant is that traveling becomes even more tiring and uncomfortable than usual.  Our trips there and back this weekend took longer than usual.  It was probably all the stopping for bathroom breaks, but honestly, I also needed those breaks to get out and stretch my legs and back.  It didn't occur to me until Friday night, that traveling would be so hard.  

I never did get better 20 week pictures taken.  But today Uncas took a 21 week picture.  I am definitely looking (and feeling) pregnant these days!



1 comment:

Ella said...

Hooray for looking and feeling pregnant! You're looking fabulous. Sounds like you guys had a nice weekend - but they always go by WAY too fast :(