Saturday, August 22, 2009

Best Friend Visiting

This weekend my best friend, Lisa from Seattle is visiting me.  She made the trip by herself, meaning she left her 16 month old son at home with her husband for some daddy/son bonding time.  We are having a wonderful time already.

Sammy and I greeted her at the airport yesterday in the early afternoon.  That was the first time she has met my "baby" Sammy.  He was quite charming for her, which was good (the barking came later on in the day).  First stop was our house.  She also hadn't seen our new house.  I gave her the tour and we had some quick lunch.  Then we decided to go out and get manicures and pedicures! 

Last night after a casual dinner here, we headed out to see the Julie & Julia movie with a couple of my friends.  We all loved the movie.  It was really entertaining and Meryl Streep was amazing.  Of course we left the theater hungry! 

Today we are planning on going to the Minnesota Renaissance Festival.  The weather is suppose to be beautiful!  Lisa actually came to visit me years ago and we went to the Renaissance Festival then, so it will be fun to go back.

But now I must get back to those caramel rolls that I am making for breakfast!

No comments: