Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sad Sally

Last week on Friday it was announced at my worker that a co-worker's position was being eliminated and my co-worker was being laid off. Unfortunately, that co-worker, has been my closest friend at work and because her, the nickname Sally even exists.

Two years ago everyone was giving everyone else a nickname. I was trying to think of one for her and came up with Sally. When I told her about it, she didn't care for the name, but that didn't stop me from using it. But then she started calling me Sally, because suddenly she decided that she really liked the name. From there - the "Sallys" were born. In fact, sometimes when we call each other by our real names, it sounds weird.

So - this Sally is a little sad because Sally packed up all her things today. But while it's sad, ultimately, I know that it's a good thing and she knows it too. And we'll always be The Sallys!

No comments: