Friday, May 15, 2009

Getting Caught Up!

This week once again I have spent a lot of time trying to get caught up since we were gone over the weekend. Last weekend was fishing opener in Minnesota. It's one of those things that I had never heard about until I moved up here. It's sort of like a holiday around here, even though it falls every year on Mother's Day weekend. Up until this year, I had never participated in it. And I guess technically this year I didn't either, but Uncas did. Our friends Matt and Janis (Sammy's local sitters) invited us to Matt's parent's house on Lake Mille Lacs. While the guys were out fishing, I hung out in/around the house with the dogs. I was still fighting the cough/cold from hell. Uncas managed to catch quite a few fish and Matt caught the biggest fish of the weekend. Sunday afternoon we did a little fish fry - nothing like fresh walleye! Sammy had the time of his life hanging out with his buddy Charlie and bugging Leah(Matt's parent's dog), and making new friends (?) with cat Lilly. Here are the pictures that I took from the weekend.

This week has been season finales galore! Wednesday night was Lost and I am not quite sure what I thought about the finale. We learn some new stuff, but really I have a ton more questions. I can't believe that next season is the final season. Last night was Grey's Anatomy finale. I have struggled keeping with this show, especially this year, but it's come around and last night I was completely shocked! I can honestly say that I did not know who John Doe was (I won't say anything more, in case people haven't watched it yet). Needless to say, I have had a lot to think about the past couple of days.

This weekend I plan on catching up on more tv, doing some cleaning, doing some yard work, hanging out, and eating a Dairy Queen blizzard. We have no plans to travel until the second weekend in June, so I am going to enjoy the break.

One final note - my niece Saffron has her own blog now - check it out under my blog list. Her mom Jeanna does a great job of taking lots of pictures of little Saffy and has wonderful little stories to go along with them.

No comments: