Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pretty Fall Weekend

Tomorrow I have my first conference that I am Program Assistant. That is normally my job title, but I do very different work than the two other Program Assistants in my department. Due to poor scheduling in our department by management, the two other PA's have a crazy conference schedule - there are 3 Program Managers that do conferences, but only two PA's to support them. Not really realizing until the middle of August that they were in trouble, they asked me to help out. All while doing my regular job responsibilities. It's been a fun couple of months to say the least. I am at the point where I am just trying to do everything that I can, to the best of my ability. I am not worrying about things that I can't control. But I know that I will be tired after the next couple of days, so I thought I should get this blog post out now.

Earlier this week, Uncas worked from home on Tuesday. Here is a picture of his "home office" set-up and his assistant.
I have also been trying to teach Sammy to climb our stairs. I know they must seem very steep and daunting to him. So far, he can only make it up a couple of steps and that's with some help (a red pillow at the bottom step).
Yesterday it was a beautiful day in the Twin Cities. Sunny, warm, cool breeze - a perfect fall day. We decided to take Sammy for a long walk at a nearby park reserve. As you can see, Sammy was not happy about it at all:
Uncas took this picture while we were walking. Most of the leaves haven't started turning yet, but it was still really pretty and peaceful.
We ran across a tiny, tiny garter snake.

Sammy sitting for me.
Me and my baby!
I think he is look for a treat or something here.My two cuties!

Uncas and I both saw this tree at the same time. We thought it looked so perfect!

We figured that we walked/hiked for about 4 miles. Sammy was pretty tired out, but he had a great time. We picked the right day to go, because today is cool and rainy. Tonight I have plans to see Kathy Griffin live. She is a comedian who I find very, very funny. I am going with Josh and Jaron, so it should be fun.

No comments: