Sunday, October 12, 2008

Best Husband Ever and Saffron's First Party

This weekend Sammy and I drove down to WI to a "Meet Saffron" open house at my brother's. Uncas opted to stay home, as he will be gone the next couple of weekends. I figured he would sleep in late, maybe go fishing, and most likely play on his computer a lot! Boy was I wrong! Instead of being a lazy bum, he painted our kitchen! I have been wanting to do this and we were originally going to do it last weekend, but other things came up. When I came home, Uncas met Sammy and I at the car. He told me to go inside and to see the little surprise that he got for me this weekend, I thought it was something to eat! I was quite surprised to see the kitchen completely painted. The pictures below don't do it justice, but it looks unbelievable and so beautiful!!! And he also bought me flowers! BEST HUSBAND EVER!!!!



A cute picture of the man of my dreams!
On to the rest of the weekend. Little Saffron had her first party! Because many of our family live in IL, my mom thought it would be fun to have a "Meet Saffron" party. Derek and Jeanna loved the idea and decided to make it an open house and they invited their friends as well as family. Little Saffron was the cutest little guest of honor and so very good. I tried to get as many pictures as possible of people holding her. You can see my pictures from the day here. My mom also took some pictures. You can see them here. You will notice in my mom's picture, another baby at the party. That was my brother's co-worker's son. He was born the same day, an hour after Saffron. He was almost 3 lbs bigger than her at birth. They were really cute together! Sammy of course had a blast hanging out with his cousins Tina and Snoopy. He ran and played all day long. He is quite the tired puppy! He also couldn't get enough of little Saffron, he wanted to lick her legs, fingers, cheeks, nose, etc. He got so excited whenever he saw her! Here is a picture of happy baby Saffron.

And finally - a big huge thank you to my bestest friend Lisa! I made cupcakes for the party and the frosting recipe that I tried to use came out terrible! I called her frantically for the frosting recipe that she uses (from her sister Karla) and the results were amazing!

2 comments:

LisaD said...

Your cupcakes look so yummy!! Did you sprinkle sugar on the top? And the kitchen looks fabulous! Way to go Uncas!!!

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes look nummy... can I have one?

And YAY for productive husbands!!!