Sunday, August 24, 2008

SURPRISE!!!!

Today is my mom's 60th birthday! To celebrate we decided to throw her a surprise party! It started as my dad's idea way back in April. So we planned, plotted, shopped, invited, and even told a couple of white lies to my mom to prepare for the big day. Check out her reaction!


Posted by Picasa

So many friends and family came to the celebration - many traveling from far away. My parents were in Chicago during the weekend and drove home on Saturday. The original plan was to have them back at their house around 1:30. I called them at 12:30 (pretending to be in Minneapolis) and they were still about 2 hours away! I gave my father some great advice "SPEED!!!" and everyone just hung out outside for a little bit longer. Just after 2:30 they pulled up. My dad rushed in the house (claiming he needed to use the rest room) and my mom followed in slowly. To say she was surprised is putting it mildly! She was pretty much speechless!

A huge thank you to my in-laws who helped out a lot before, during and after the party as well as my Aunt Margit and Uncle Dale (and my cousins who were recruited to help carrying things). Everything went smoothly - we had great food, beautiful weather, and lots of laughs.

I am so happy that we were able to pull this off. It felt so great to give something back to my mom. She definitely deserved a fun day and we wanted to show her how much we love her! I tried to take some pictures of the day in between running around. Check them out!


No comments: