Monday, June 7, 2010

Eddie's Baptism

Sometimes the best laid plans completely fall apart.  When that happens you can either freak out and get upset or you can just roll with what you have been handed.  That is exactly what happened this past week/weekend.  I should start off by saying that we really had a fabulous weekend.  Eddie was baptized at my parent's church on Saturday evening.  Lisa, Brian and Caiden made it to Minneapolis safely on Thursday evening.  We were surrounded the whole weekend with good friends and family.  BUT when I pictured how the weekend would go, things were slightly different in my head.  Here are just a few bullet points:

  • Last week my mom fell at work, bumped her head, and sprained her ankle.  Perfect timing when she was going to have a house full of people in 3 days.
  • My grandma went into the hospital on Friday evening.
  • Eddie had a really rough week with gas, and it sort of messed up his sleep schedule.  I was worried to travel with him. 
  • Probably not the greatest idea to take your child to church or have him baptized during his fussiest part of the day.  It makes for him crying all service long!
  • Nothing like planning a BBQ for after church only to have it rain.
In spite of everything - we really had a good time this weekend.  Lisa's family was able to come from Chicago to see her and her family.  They are like a second family to me, so I was thrilled that they were able to meet Eddie!  We had lots of little kids running around and it was so much fun!  My brother's daughter Saffron finally met Reid's sister's daughter Anna!  Caiden, Lisa's son was able to meet and play with them both.

This morning I drove Lisa and Brain and Caiden to the airport.  I was really sad to see them leave.  I know the next time I will see them, they will have a new addition to their family!  I was so happy they were able to make the trip from Seattle to meet Eddie! 

 Auntie Lisa holding Eddie for the first time
Visiting Great Grandma Rezabek in the hospital
Daddy holding Eddie at church before the screaming

You can't tell in this picture, but we are all doing our best to ignore the crying baby in Daddy's arms.
Lisa with two of her sisters and her mom
 Grandma Jo with Saffy
Caiden watching Grandma Jo and Saffy dance

Eddie and Caiden
More Eddie and Caiden
 Kiss from cousin Anna
 Grandpa Nimz, Eddie and Daddy (once again Eddie is his happy and cheerful self in this picture!)
Caiden loved holding Sammy's leash whenever we took breaks from driving.  He was always ask "Hold? Hold?"  It was the cutest thing!
 We ran into some bad storms driving home, but we also saw this amazing rainbow over Lake Pepin
Eddie's Godparents - Lisa and Brian

 Lisa and I with Eddie

Family picture!  We rarely remember to take many of these.

No comments: