Thursday, June 17, 2010

3 Months

Wow - I can hardly believe Eddie is 3 months old today. I guess that officially means he is no longer a newborn! I was looking through pictures from the day he was born last night. It's so amazing that just 90 some days ago he was so tiny. I thought I would always remember him being so small, but its difficult because of all the rapid changes. Fortunately I like to take lots of pictures! Here are some observations from the past month:
  • With all of our challenges and struggles that we have had with nursing, you are now a champ at it.  So much so that you have stopped taking a bottle!  We are working to fix this because while I love spending time with you, I also enjoy my breaks too!
  • Speaking of nursing - we have discovered that diary that I consume does not agree with you.  This means that I have had to cut out cheese and ice cream from my diet.  It's really hard.  I also think peanut butter is a problem as well.  This is yet another reason why getting you to take a bottle is really important.
  • You have discovered your hands and they sure must be tasty! You love putting them in your month, and sucking on them. In the past day, you have just discovered your feet! You are intrigued by them, or it could be your socks that you are looking at.
  • You still love playing with your toys in the Pack N Play. We have also been reading to you more. We can usually make it through 1 or 2 books before you get bored.
  • In the past month you have traveled to Wisconsin twice and to Lake Mille Lac once. When you are away from home, you sleep great in the Pack N Play. You also sleep well in your car seat. We are learning to adjust to traveling with a baby, but overall, it's gone very smoothly.
  • You love to smile and laugh - especially for your mama and your daddy. And we love to make you laugh and smile. You also like to smile at the baby in the mirror (you!)
  • Behind your dresser is like a big black hole.  When we change your diaper, you like to throw things.  Currently there are two nuks and two washcloths back there.
  •  
    This morning I was able to take his monthly picture.  He was in a great mood and right when we finished, he spit up!
 Looking at his feet

 Loving the overalls from Auntie Lisa

 Why are you taking my picture again during tummy time Mama?!

 Reading time with Daddy

Happy 3 months Eddie!

    2 comments:

    Ella said...

    What a CUTIE! He has changed so much, he's looking like quite the big boy now. Wow, it's just insane that he's 3 months already!

    Kellys said...

    I think I am most impressed that he can sit through 2 books! He is so cute. It is amazing how quickly they grow and change!