Sunday, June 29, 2008

Belated Birthday Post

With all the excitement of adding Sammy to our family, I didn't even mention that last week, well, June 19 was my birthday! I turned 31 and the day itself was just ok. It was the day before we picked up Sammy. I had to work on my b-day this year, which kind of sucked. Uncas did take me out to lunch with some of my favorite co-workers, which was very fun. I also tried to do as little work as possible :-)

Uncas had given me my birthday present back in April - the GPS for my 1/2 marathon training. So - I really didn't open any presents that day. He did get me a fabulous ice cream cake from Dairy Queen - it was Choco-Cherry Love. So yummy!!!


I shouldn't say that I didn't open any presents on my b-day. My best friend from Seattle sent me a couple of very cute and appropriate gifts.

Dachshund Earrings:
Dachshund cookie cutters:

We did actually do some celebrating on Friday night with our parents. My mom made a cake and I got some gifts from both sets of parents, so that was very fun! Thanks to everyone who sent me cards. I was impressed with all the dachshund cards that are out there!

This weekend we stayed in town. It was pretty relaxing, although watching a new puppy takes up a lot of time. Friday night Uncas played poker and then Saturday morning he went to a shooting range with his friend. I stayed at home and Ella came over to hang out with me and Sammy. We planned our annual "Last Year at the Cabin Weekend" - which is 4th of July weekend. We are going to Shangri-La again and we can't wait.

Saturday afternoon Uncas and I took Sammy to our old neighborhood. We introduced him to our old neighbors and then walked part way around Lake Harriet (about an 1/8 of it.) Today we hung around the house and actually got some things done. Lawn was mowed, blinds were hung in the kitchen, cd's and movies were put away. I am feeling pretty good that we got a few more house things done. Tonight we took Sammy for a walk around the neighborhood. He did incredibly well, once we got him out of the yard. He kept up with us, didn't bite the leash or put up a fight when I put on his harness. We are very proud of him! It's fun to see how far he has come in just one week. And on that note, I am signing off to get ready for the coming week!

No comments: