Sunday, June 1, 2008

Happy June!

Yay - June is here already! May just flew by, but I think it helped that we just bought the house and had lots of work to do on it. It's been fun to show it off to our friends and family. Last night we had our friends Matt and Janis over. They saw the house right after we closed and basically we hadn't done a whole lot. They brought us a couple of housewarming gifts. My favorite:



Hopefully in the near future, I will had an actually dachshund. Stay tuned for more details.

Just a couple of other notes. You may have noticed that I stopped talking about my training for the half marathon. That's because I stopped training. I hate to admit defeat or announce that I am a quitter, but quite simply the house work took over training. After a lot of thought (and tears), I decided that I really wanted to focus my time and energies on the new house. We are still planning on going up to Duluth for the weekend, so it should still be fun - I just won't be so tired!

And finally - LET'S GO CUBS! They have the best record in baseball right now! Maybe this is the year?!

No comments: