Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Tonight Marcos and I went on our first run together. He was the one that talked me into running the half marathon, but then he didn't get in through the lottery. However, being the great friend that he is, he still is training with me - on the days I have to do my long runs. The great part about that, is he has this handy dandy GPS tracking thing, so we know exactly how far we go and at what pace. A definite must when training outside. He was very nice to me today, especially since I don't run so fast and he also provided some great tips that he picked up as he has trained for past races.

So of course, I come home and rave to Uncas about the GPS thing. Uncas, who is always thinking, informed me tonight, that for my birthday present, he was thinking about getting one for me. How cool is that? Fortunately, he decided to purchase it tonight (online), so I can use it while I train for the race. Good thing, cause my b-day is exactly 2 days before the race and if he had waited until then, it wouldn't have done me any good (especially since I am convinced that I am going to die while running it!)

How lucky am I to have such a great friend and husband?!

1 comment:

LisaD said...

Very lucky indeed!! :D